|Hepatitis screening results
Jul 25, 2005
My results came back Hep B Sur Ab :reactive, Hep B Sur Ag: #1 then it said #1 Hep B Sur Ag :non-reactive and Hep C Ab: non-reactive. Please Help.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your only positive hepatitis B marker is surface antibody, that is consistent with vaccination. However, you would want your doctor to check your core antibody as well to determine if you have been exposed to the virus in the past.
You have not been exposed to hepatitis C.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Does Lactose Cause Vaginal Infections?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
- What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.