Hep C treatment?

I am currently not on any treatment for Hep C. My viral load in almost 4,000,000, ALT 52, AST 84, no fibrosis. My doctor is wanting to start me on the pegasys treatment. What do you think?

It is not unreasonable to treat or not to treat. The good thing is - you have options.

1. Treat: Because you may respond well and get a "cure" of your hepatitis C. You may tolerate the treatment better than you anticipate. 2. Don't Treat: Because your liver disease looks minimal by biopsy. However, I am not sure why your AST is greater than your ALT. I usually see that is two situations: alcohol use or in someone who has more liver disease than may be expected by the liver biopsy report.

I would favor a 12 week course to see if you are having a great response. If not, just stop.

Dr. McGovern

how can we get hepa b
Hepatitis screening results