|ALT 4 times
Jul 25, 2005
Hi I checked my ALT 4 times in a year and it it was elevated and the last time it was 75.. I worried because my Doctor request a hepatitis or HIV is he right?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Testing for causes of elevated liver function tests is just routine and should be done if your LFTS are abnormal. It doesn't mean that viral hepatitis is causing your blood abnormalities. There are other causes for irritation of your liver including medications, and fatty liver to name a few. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.