|ALT 4 times
Jul 25, 2005
Hi I checked my ALT 4 times in a year and it it was elevated and the last time it was 75.. I worried because my Doctor request a hepatitis or HIV is he right?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Testing for causes of elevated liver function tests is just routine and should be done if your LFTS are abnormal. It doesn't mean that viral hepatitis is causing your blood abnormalities. There are other causes for irritation of your liver including medications, and fatty liver to name a few. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Without An Outbreak Can You Give Someone Genital Herpes
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Will Kissing Someone Who Has Chlamydia Infect Me?
- What Is The Life Span Of Syphilis?
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
- What Happens When Herpes Virus Enters Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.