Wrongfully Paranoid?

Hi, I work with a twelve year old boy who bit me last month, although it didn't bleed it did scrape the top layer of skin enough to make it scab. I was informed that the boy I work with was tested a few months ago (after another bite) and the results were negative. I have also learned, however, that the absentee mother of the boy does have a form of hepatitis and maybe hiv as well. so i'm wondering if i need to take the initiative with my workplace and request any testing, and if so, what testing should be done (for myself or the boy)? I'd hate to put the boy I work with through a series of blood tests that he went through just recently, but i also don't want to be too lax about it in case there really is a need for testing. thanks in advance for any advice.

If the child was tested just a few months ago, it is very unlikely that he has acquired any of the viruses you are concerned about in the meantime from his mother.

In the future, if you are bitten again, I would get medical attention since human bites can sometimes lead to bad infections. I usually recommend a thorough cleaning and usually antibiotics.

Dr. McGovern

sharing earrings
Needle + Bleach + Cut