hep b and kissing with braces

i reciently spent at least 10 hours deep kissing , my partner refused to go any further. we were laying there talking and he mentioned that he was infected with hep b, that they found it in his blood after donation and he recieved a letter in the mail. although there was only casual contact i am concerned because i have braces which causes me to have many cuts in my mouth, i am worried that they may have scraped my partner as well, who seems unconcerned. have you ever heard of transmission this way and can it be transmitted by saliva entering cuts and sores from my braces?

I have never heard of a case that proved that braces was a risk factor for transmission. If you are greatly worried, it always helps to talk with your health care provider and to be tested if you still have concerns. It would probably be a good idea to also get vaccinated for hepatitis B if your titers are not protective.

Dr. McGovern

Very concerned.. hep C
Do I have HCV?