Very concerned.. hep C

I am a gay male. Two days ago I had unprotected sex with a guy who I know is positive for Hep C. He convinced me that it was nearly impossible to get that way, that is doctor told him it wasn't a concern. I have been reading up on it and have found otherwise...

He was the bottom, which I read is more dangerous. I don't think I made him bleed at all, and I don't have any sores or wounds on my penis. How much am I at risk? If I did happen to get infected, how long would it be before it could be diagnosed? When should I see a doctor? I am very concerned, I feel so stupid for listening to him...

Although hepatitis C is much more commonly transmitted in other ways for example, injection drug use, I would certainly not tell my partner that it is "impossible". Sexually transmitted hepatitis C is not common, but does occur. You are right to be concerned about trauma since a few studies have demonstrated that trauma is important in terms of transmission in men who have sex with men.

Since there were no ulcers or trauma, I suspect your risk is low. I would go to your physician for baseline testing and then follow-up in 3 and 6 months. Most hepatitis C transmission is caught within 3 months.

Dr. McGovern

plzzz helpp mee
hep b and kissing with braces