Hepatitis C Abnormal Results - please kindly advise
Jul 24, 2005
What does an HCV-Antibody result of (- abnormal mean? The normal indication is suppoed to be (-). The patient does not have HIV.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If the HCV antibody test is negative, then most likely the patient does not have hepatitis C. There are a few exceptions: acute hepatitis C may not have a positive hepatitis C antibody yet. In the immunocompromised patient, the antibody may be negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.