Jul 24, 2005
I currently had an Executive check up my SGPT(ALT) showed a high result does this mean that I have Hepatitis? I also had the following test with the results as follws HBsAg-Negative, Anti-HBs-Negative, Anti-HCV- Negative. What does this mean.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis just means inflammation of the liver - so technically you do have hepatitis.
However, hepatitis can be from medications, viruses, or other causes. Someone started your evaluation, but I suggest that you certainly take this further with a more substantial work-up.
travel and hep a
Hepatitis C Abnormal Results - please kindly advise
- Hiv Symptoms After 8 Weeks
- Hiv Symptoms Rare After 6 Weeks
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- White Genital Herpes Blisters
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Treatment Of Male Partner Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.