|Occult Hepatitis B
Jul 24, 2005
What's the deal with occult hepatitis B? Is there evidence that it can lead to HCC or cirrhosis? Should it be treated?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Occult hepatitis B refers to a specific situation where you may not have the usual serologic profile of someone with chronic hepatitis B, but viral DNA is in your blood. Usually the levels of virus in this circumstance are low. Noone knows if this should be treated. The current thinking is not to treat and that clinically, it is not associated with cirrhosis or cancer.
HEP B results
Hep B results
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Genital Warts In The Mouth?
- Oral Thrush Contagious Through Kissing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.