|how long does the vaccination last?
Jul 24, 2005
How lond does the vaccination last for?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not sure if you are referring to hepatitis A or B vaccines.
For hepatitis A the protective antibodies seem to last a very long time.
For hepatitis B, not everyone responds with protective antibodies so it is a good idea, particularly if you are at ongoing risk, to check your surface antibodies after completing the vaccine to see if your levels are adequate.
If not, you can get a booster shot. For a new exposure after immunization, it is always good to check your antibody levels to be certain you are protected.
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.