Jul 24, 2005
does hiv effect liver functions itself not through hcv
Response from Dr. McGovern
Some patients without viral hepatitis may have abnormal liver function tests. This can be due most commonly to medications. Another concern may be steatohepatitis, fat in the liver.
If you liver function tests are persistently abnormal, you may want to speak with your physician about a referral to a liver specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Part Of The Neck Do Lymph Nodes Swell With Hiv?
- Neuropathy And Benzodiazepine
- What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Person With Hepatitis C?
- Why Are Black People More Prone To Hiv Infection?
- How Does Megace Cause Weight Gain?
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.