hepatitis B

I have chronic hep B.. have had for 21 years since a blood transfusion... I am up and down sick wise..... am i contagious? and if so by what means? and how often? thanks

If you are a chronic carrier you can be contagious to others. That is why it is important not to have unprotected sex with others. Also the household contacts in your home should be vaccinated.

Your physician can draw your blood to see how much virus is in your blood and give you a better idea of how contagious you are. However, bear in mind that levels of hepatitis B can fluctuate quite a bit so these results do not always stay the same.

Dr. McGovern

seroconverted hepa B
Liver problems