Jul 24, 2005
I have chronic hep B.. have had for 21 years since a blood transfusion... I am up and down sick wise..... am i contagious? and if so by what means? and how often? thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are a chronic carrier you can be contagious to others. That is why it is important not to have unprotected sex with others. Also the household contacts in your home should be vaccinated.
Your physician can draw your blood to see how much virus is in your blood and give you a better idea of how contagious you are. However, bear in mind that levels of hepatitis B can fluctuate quite a bit so these results do not always stay the same.
seroconverted hepa B
- Is Blood In Semen A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Chills A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.