For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

i know i should be testedd but i hvae been with same man for 2 1/2 yr i was clear (am)but i lost wieght ansd things mouth ulsers the doc tested me for every thing thyroid ,dibetes etc then suddenly come up with hiv test i used to get test regular but since been wth boyfriend just not bothered am am worried tht the doc suggested this please advise me qwht to to are these sighns of hiv ??? plse help me im very confused!!!!!!

Your physician is just trying to be thorough and I think that as long as you obviously have this on your mind, it would be better to get tested. Testing for hepatitis B and hepatitis C and any other sexually transmitted diseases is reasonable, if you are concerned about these as well. I think your mind will then be at ease.

Dr. McGovern

accidentely touching blood with fingers
seroconverted hepa B