accidentely touching blood with fingers

Hi!

A week ago we were in the woods with a group of friends. we were talking and I noticed that the guy in front of me was being bitten by a fly because he had same blood coming out of his arm. I pointed it out saying look, you have... and he turned around and in doing so I stuck my finger on the drop of blood on his arm. I don't know him that much so I kind of freaked out we were in the middle of nowere with no soap or water to wash my hands so I could only wash them when I got home few hours later. I did not have fresh open cuts but I have a habit on bitting the skin around my fingers and I am very afraid that I could have been infected. I saw on the net that you can have invisible laceration in witch the virus can enter, is this true? Please I need to know I am freaking out.

Thank you Karine

Hepatitis B and C can be transmitted by blood, but there is usually an obvious "portal of entry"...in other words, a cut for the blood to get through. I am sure you examined your fingers thoroughly and if there was no visible cut, your risk is near zero. If you still have concerns you can speak to your physician.

Dr. McGovern

Hep C Partner
confused