Hep C Partner

Hi, I ve learned that my partner has a hepatit c. 1)We have sex always with condom and just once without condom.What is the risk that i have hep C ? When should i have a test to be sure 2)We live together. There are other risk to have hep C from her. ( other than sex ).What is the total risk.Should i quiet her ? 3) Can i have the Hep c by Kiss and oral sex ( both penis and vagina ) ? 4) f the test is positive, what should i do first ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

The risk of hepatitis C transmission from sex is low. Even among monogamous couples over years the risk is low, so I suspect that your one-time risk is nearly zero.

My main advice is to avoid sharing toothbrushes and razors.

Oral sex has not been shown to be a risk factor.

I won't get into "if the test is positive" because I am confident it will be negative.

Dr. McGovern

Hep B carrier
accidentely touching blood with fingers