|Hep B carrier
Jul 24, 2005
The father of my one month old baby is a hep b carrier. I tested negative both on hep b and hep c when I was pregnant. I was told that hep b carrier can infect other people. I haven't seen him since the last time I tested, should I test for Hep B again?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes a hepatitis B carrier can infect other people through unprotected intercourse. If you were tested once during pregnancy, it may be reasonable to check your blood one more time to be certain, although I would expect your labs will be normal. Your partner may have been an "inactive" carrier with low or no detectable virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Linked To Osteoarthritis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.