|Hep B carrier
Jul 24, 2005
The father of my one month old baby is a hep b carrier. I tested negative both on hep b and hep c when I was pregnant. I was told that hep b carrier can infect other people. I haven't seen him since the last time I tested, should I test for Hep B again?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes a hepatitis B carrier can infect other people through unprotected intercourse. If you were tested once during pregnancy, it may be reasonable to check your blood one more time to be certain, although I would expect your labs will be normal. Your partner may have been an "inactive" carrier with low or no detectable virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Ear Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.