HBV through sweat exposure

Yesterday in a large reception I shook hands with many attending artists. After the drive home blood was on the back of my shirt collar, apparently in my nervousness had scratched a mosquito bite past the point of bleeding. In reading up on HBV some people say it is hazardous in sweat, some say it is not with equal fevor. Should I be worried and see a GP for treatment?

Thanks for being out there for us. Your after hours work on this site has helped many.

If I understand correctly, you are concerned about sweat exposure to HBV through shaking hands. I would not be concerned about this exposure whatsoever.

I hope that is helpful.

Dr. McGovern

Need help with interpretation of results?
Hep B carrier