vitamin e supplement

I read that milk thistle as well as vitamin E is good to take for the liver. My question is, do I have to let my doctor know I'm taking vitamin E if I am HIV positive, on medication and Hep C positive? Is this harmful or is it okay to do? Thank you.

You should always let your doctor know which medications you are taking. Most physicians feel that milk thistle or vitamin E are not harmful.

It is still best to let him or her know in case a new drug interaction is discovered. I remember when St. John's wort was found to have drug interactions with some HIV medications and that was very concerning for all of us since we were afraid some of our patients had not told us that they were taking this supplement. Dr. McGovern

would they let me donate blood???
Update on relationship and HEP b