cirrhosis and use of lovastatin
Jul 20, 2005
My Mother has cirrhosis and her HMO doctor wants her to start taking Lovastatin for high cholesterol. Can this cause more damage to her liver? Thank You!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is possible, but unlikely. The toxicity is a random event and not really precipitated by underlying liver disease. Her doctor just needs to watch her liver enzymes carefully. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.