|Ribavirin - potential cancer-causing agent
Jul 5, 2005
The information supplement I received with my Pegasys states that "Ribavirin is a potential cancer-causing agent. I am completely surprised to learn this. Is there research that suggests a link between Riba and cancer? Best regards, RC
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
No. It is a class effect and I have never seen any very convincing data to confirm that ribavirin can cause cancer. It should be out of your body in less than 6 months after you stop taking it. If there is a small risk the risk of HCV relapsing is much higher. Good luck with your therapy! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.