|Ribavirin - potential cancer-causing agent
Jul 5, 2005
The information supplement I received with my Pegasys states that "Ribavirin is a potential cancer-causing agent. I am completely surprised to learn this. Is there research that suggests a link between Riba and cancer? Best regards, RC
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
No. It is a class effect and I have never seen any very convincing data to confirm that ribavirin can cause cancer. It should be out of your body in less than 6 months after you stop taking it. If there is a small risk the risk of HCV relapsing is much higher. Good luck with your therapy! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.