Hepatitis B

Dear Sir/Madam

I have been a patient of Hepatitis B (carrier) for almost 4 years. SGPT is 50-75 and there are no physical symptoms. Actually I am not facing any problems but when I go for a job and after medical test they declare me unfit (due to Hepatitis B) I feel very uncomfortable. I could not avail some very good chances due to this problem so can you please tell me how it can be make negative in the test I mean how can I get rid of this disease. I will be very thankful to you.

Imran Rafique

There are excellent treatments for hepatitis B now. One of the newest medications is entecavir. Other choices include lamivudine and pegylated interferon and adefovir.

Please speak to your physician about a liver biopsy and treatment of hepatitis B. Dr. McGovern

What do these test results mean?
Hep C transmission