|What do these test results mean?
Jun 30, 2005
I was recently tested for Hep B. These are my results: HBsAg+, HBsAb negative, HBeAg negative, HBeAb+, HBcAb+ Does this mean I am chronic? Am i infectious? Do you know how long I have had it? So confusing. Many thanks Tommy
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You are a chronic carrier. I cannot tell from your blood tests how long you have had the infection.
I don't know how infectious you are until you get your HBV DNA (virus level) checked.
In the meantime, practice safe sex and avoid sharing razors and advise your family members to get vaccinated if they are hepatitis B negative. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.