HBV DNA (Please Help)

Thank you for all your support and helpful insights on this forum..

I've been a chronic Hep B since I was a kid. Recently, for the first time, my new doctor got me on a HBV DNA Test (Quant PCR). When the results came back, the numbers shocked me and I'm really confused by these numbers. Confuse because the rest of my Hepatic function test came back normal (except for the SGPT which is around 63).

My Hep B Viral DNA QT results are 9,390,000 IU/mL and 34,400,000 copies/mL. Please help me understand what these numbers mean.

My doctor suggested that I should go for an ultrasound and liver biopsy next. Based on these numbers, would you recommend a biopsy done?

Thank you in advance for your help. Appreciate it much.

I agree with your physician that it would be a good idea to get a liver biopsy and ultrasound. The liver biopsy will give you useful information about the status of your liver. The level of virus does not help in determining your liver health.

There are many new treatments if you need it. Dr. McGovern

concerned
What do these test results mean?