|Contact with someone who is Hep C positive
Jun 30, 2005
I have a concern about contact I had with someone who has Hepatitis C. I shook hands with this person and then found out that he has Hepatitis. If he had a cut on his hand, as did I, could I have come into contact with the virus? I'm not worried about the keys I had in my hand, my car, my clothes, etc. I feel like his blood or the virus may have contaminated the things I touched. Should I wash them? Is this silly?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry about this as a risk. Dr. McGovern
very concerned-close family members recently diagnosed with hepb and c.
Starting Treatment Friday
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
- Acute Infection 5 Days After Exposure
- Contact With Vaginal Fluids When Removing The Condom HIV Risk
- Difference Between White Coating And Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.