|Hepatitis C and saliva
Jun 30, 2005
I was wondering if Hepatitis C can be transmitted through saliva? A friend of mine was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. We had been out drinking and she was laughing and spit beer all over my face and arm. Now I realize the arm is not the problem but I was more concerned about the face and the possibility of any of her saliva getting into my mouth. I'm really concerned about this and would like an answer as soon as possible. Thank-you for your time.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would consider this risk to be negligible and would not pursue testing.
very concerned-close family members recently diagnosed with hepb and c.
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Std Irritation Inside Penis Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.