SGPT Result

I had an executive check up and my SGPT (ALT) result are high. I also tested for the following HBsAg, Hepatitis B and HBC but the result is negative. What does this mean? Do I have a liver problem? Also, my doctor prescribed me to take Godex is it good for me to take the medication even if I do not have hepatitis?

I would certainly follow up for the "high" ALT. You could see a liver specialist for further evaluation including hepatitis C, steatohepatitis, and other causes of liver disease.

Just because your ALT is elevated doesn't mean you definitely have liver "disease" per se. However, this should be sorted out with an expert in the area of the liver (a hepatologist).

You will need monitoring of ALT while you are taking any medication since most are broken down in the liver.

Dr. McGovern

Fast growth in viral load
HBV qualitative DNA testing - reliable?