Can Hep b Vaccine cause HBV DNA to go up?

Hello Dr McGovern Thank you in advance for answering my question. I was diagnosed to be HB inactive carrier with HBV DNA less than 1000 copies/ml the DNA test was done six months later and it was less than 500 copies. My doctor give me a vaccine and ordered another DNA test. the vaccine was a combo of HEB A and HEP B. two weeks after I had the vaccine I had blood drawn for the HBV DNA and it was 5,500. Since I always had HBV DNA less than 1000, I thought the only reason for this spike now could as the result of vaccine. Could vaccine cause higher HBV DNA in inactive carrier? what is the mechinism that HBV DNA gets into serum from hepatocytes? Thank you.

I am not aware of any information that suggest that vaccine will make the virus level go higher but usually we don't give vaccine to people who already have the infection.

As for inactive carrier state: if you have virus in your blood, I wouldn't use the term "inactive". You will need followup of your HBV DNA, liver function tests, and eventually a liver biopsy if you have viremia and abnormal liver function tests.

Dr. McGovern

thank u
Fast growth in viral load