Jun 28, 2005
hey thank u soo much for ur replyy its just thsy u replied that i have hbv be positive infection cronic..what does it mean is it dangerous and if my dna has become negitive will it go ...and what di du mean by detectable virus before dna ... thank u soo muchh ...
Response from Dr. McGovern
If I remember correctly, you have chronic hepatitis B infection and now your virus is being suppressed by the medications you are taking. That is good news.
Follow up with your physician to keep watching your liver test results including your HBV DNA - your virus level. Continue treatment until your physician feels that it is time to stop. The length of treatment will depend on your response.
Understanding Vaccination Result
Can Hep b Vaccine cause HBV DNA to go up?
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.