Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Understanding Vaccination Result
Jun 28, 2005

Dear Doctor,

My wife did Hepa B vaccination in 2000 and last year she tested her HbsAB.Result shows value 38 and her doctor suggest to get boosting does after 5 year from first vaccination.Please help me about this vaccination value.I am Hepa B carrier and wory if she get infected.Please make clear for me what should be the minimum HBsAB Value for Protection.If any other opinion about vaccination.

Thanking you with regards, Ravi

Response from Dr. McGovern

Each laboratory detemines a level that gives protection against hepatitis B. In our laboratory, it is a level of 10. It sounds like your wife got a very good response.

If you are uncomfortable with waiting five years for another booster, you could have your wife simply check her antibody levels in a few years to be sure that her levels are staying high.

Also do not share toothbrushes, drinking cups or utensils or razors. Also have safe sex with condoms.

Your wife should do well with occasional monitoring. Don't worry. Dr. McGovern

Previous
Hep.A test result
Next
thank u

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.