The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jun 27, 2005

Dear Dr. McGovern, My primary care/infectious disease doctor that has seen me for the last 3 years is moving and has referred me to a Infectious Disease Specialist. Do Infectious Disease Specialists do primary care also for such things as high blood pressure treatment, cholorestol treatment, etc? I already go to a Gastroentrologist for HBV. Thank you for your time and reply.

Response from Dr. McGovern

It truly depends on the care provider. You should discuss what kind of situation you would like to have. I do know some ID physicians who are also practice internal medicine. Dr. McGovern

Hep-B and Fatty liver question
hiv/hep c

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint