For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Dear Dr. McGovern, My primary care/infectious disease doctor that has seen me for the last 3 years is moving and has referred me to a Infectious Disease Specialist. Do Infectious Disease Specialists do primary care also for such things as high blood pressure treatment, cholorestol treatment, etc? I already go to a Gastroentrologist for HBV. Thank you for your time and reply.

It truly depends on the care provider. You should discuss what kind of situation you would like to have. I do know some ID physicians who are also practice internal medicine. Dr. McGovern

Hep-B and Fatty liver question
hiv/hep c