Hep-B and Fatty liver question

I had a very severe bout of Acute Hepatits B last year, luckily I cleared the virus completely (Hep-B Surf Antigen Neg and Hep-B Surf Antiboby Positive ) However my Dr wanted to do an ultrasound of my liver just in case and it showed I had fatty liver, he thinks it is because I was on Accutane twice at the maximum dose when I was younger, my liver enzymes are all "normal" however my question I that my AST is 18 and my ALT is 16, I thought the ALT number was always supposed to be higher than the AST, I have read that sometimes this can signal cirrosis to some extent, my Dr does not recommend further testing but I am concerend, what is your opinion. thank you in advance for any response.

M P.S. Tests for HepC and HepA are both negative.

It souunds like you are doing great. Your viral serolgies are negative and your liver enzymes are low. Yes AST > ALT make me worry about cirrhosis or alcohol intake, but only when the tests are abnormal. Your tests are very low.

Your physician is also thinking about other causes of liver disease such as fatty liver so you are in good hands. Dr. McGovern

strange hepatitis B test results
Referral