strange hepatitis B test results

Dear Doc, I just have the Hepatitis B test. I am very confused and worried about the results. It came out that: 1)hepatitis B surface antigen NEGATIVE. 2)hepatitis B core AB-total repeatedly POSITIVE. 3)hepatitis B AB-IGM NEGATIVE 4)hepatitis B surface antibody NEGATIVE.

what do they mean? they told me that Core AB-IGM negative means it's not recently infected. Also my hepatits A test results are antiBody-total possitve, and antiBody-IGM is negative.

A LOT OF THANK FOR YOUR HELP.

You have a profile called "isolated hepatitis B core antibody". Sometimes this is seen in about 5 percent of patients. It is unclear as to whether it is a false positive or a true positive with loss of protective antibody (hepatitis surface antibody).

However, you are not an active carrier because your surface antigen is negative, so I would not worry.

You may also want to get hepatitis C testing which is something I typically order in this situation.

The hepatitis A is past and of no consequence.

Dr. McG

2nd try HEP B False +??
Hep-B and Fatty liver question