Test Result

iam male with 34 years old and iam going to have blood test for Hep A,B,C . can you explain for me what the normal result should be in the following Test: Hep.B surface antigen: Hep B surface ab : Hep.B core ab Total: Hep.C antibody (HCV): Hep.A antibody Total: Hep.A antibody IgM: Thank you so much.

I am sorry you went through all the trouble to write all these tests down but the results vary from lab to lab. Therefore, the numbers will depend on the specific laboratory in terms of "protective antibody titers" for hepatitis B surface antibody for example.

It would take a long time to comment on all the possible results of your tests and what they could mean. I suggest that you send in your test results and then I can help you MUCH more.

Dr. McGovern

Alternative
blood draw