Alternative

Have you ever heard of frozen thymus extract in the treatment of hepatitis C. I looked this up on the Internet, maybe you can too. Could this be another option to use in treating this disease? Thank you for your time.

I am not familiar with any studies suggesting frozen thymus extract is helpful in treating hepatitis C. I only use information that is in scientific journals which is reviewed by other researchers and scientists before it is published. There is a lot of stuff on the web which is difficult for me to interpret and I certainly don't want to cause any of my patients any harm, especially if there is no documented benefit in a careful clinical trial.

I think alternative therapies are important to explore, but all theories regarding any kind of intervention, need to be done in the right setting.

Dr. McGovern

lymphocytes and viral replication
Test Result