Is biopsy necessary

I find out I have chronic HepB. last month ..My doctor put me on Lam (150mg/day) All my Enzyme are normal expet my DNA load is 28000 I am also e-Antigen negative 1: since I am eAngtigen negative do you think I should take Lam specially I dont know how long I had HBV. 2: should I get biopsy

It would be reasonable to have a liver biopsy, especially since you are E antigen negative. Due to this status, you will most likely be on therapy for a long time. In matter of fact, the duration of treatment at present is not really known. That is why I prefer to have a liver biopsy on E antigen negative patients.

Lamivudine (Epivir) is a good medication in that it has little side effects and has been shown to lead to viral suppression and improvement of liver histology. However, with long-term treatment the risk is one of drug resistance. If this occurs in you, there will be other options for treatment as well.

Dr. McGovern

Why hepa b? no sex-needles
hopeless case ........please