Why hepa b? no sex-needles

Dear Dr.

How can I possibly acquire hepa b while i am not sexually active nor use ivs. I remember before the full blown symptoms occur, 7days to be exact before I was diagnosed of hepa b, I have my tooth extracted. Is this the cause? Im really thinking why do i have this disease. Thanks

You are correct in saying that hepatitis B is usually acquired via injection drug use or sexual intercourse.

The usual incubation period from exposure to infection is a minimum of 30 days so I don't think it is likely related to your dental procedure.

The other thing that is unclear is whether you ever had testing for hepatitis B before. Some people have acquired hepatitis B at birth.

Dr. McGovern

SGPT Results
Is biopsy necessary