|Why hepa b? no sex-needles
Jun 18, 2005
How can I possibly acquire hepa b while i am not sexually active nor use ivs. I remember before the full blown symptoms occur, 7days to be exact before I was diagnosed of hepa b, I have my tooth extracted. Is this the cause? Im really thinking why do i have this disease. Thanks
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You are correct in saying that hepatitis B is usually acquired via injection drug use or sexual intercourse.
The usual incubation period from exposure to infection is a minimum of 30 days so I don't think it is likely related to your dental procedure.
The other thing that is unclear is whether you ever had testing for hepatitis B before. Some people have acquired hepatitis B at birth.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Genital Sores - Male Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.