Jun 18, 2005
I just git my SGPT results. Please interpret the results and what is the significance on my HBV.
SGPT = 163 SGPT = 83 SGPT = 199
Is my liver is serious and can lead to liver deterioration. Please give me immediate advice.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your liver function tests are abnormal but that does not tell me about the activity of your liver disease. The best way to judge that is with a liver biopsy.That will tell you the amount of scarring and inflammation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Yeast Infection Be Mistaken For Genital Warts?
- White Bump On Lip Line Herpes
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Population Is Most At Risk In Getting Chlamydia?
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.