|How is Hep. C transmitted--sex OR needles or both?
Jun 6, 2005
i don't know if my question got there. Is Hep. C sexually transmitable or can one only get it thru needles?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Let me summarize a study published last year. 800 Italian couples followed for ten years, having unprotected sex an average of 1.8 times per week were studied. There was NO sexual transmission of HCV in that study! HCV can be transmitted sexually in men who have sex with men and people with STD's, but in monogamous hetersexuals the answer is NO! Be safe! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- Genital Wart Treatment And Healing Time
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.