Can I go ahead with my marriage?

Dear Doctor, I am 35 years old straight male, planing to get married next month. yesterday, I had haircut, the hairdresser used an used blade to shave my nick after dipping it in blue solution for a second or so (I guess it is kind of disinfectant) then he used it on me, he did cut me twice, one of those cuts left small blood dot. what is my risk in this scenario, knowing that there was at least 10-15 minutes between the time he used it on me and the use on the previous customer. Can I go ahead with my plan for marriage or shall I wait three months to get tested, Please help.

Thanks and best regards.

I would suspect there is a very low risk but I think it is reasonable to see your physician regarding testing.

As for your marriage - I see no reasons to delay that - I would just use condoms if your physician does decide to go ahead and test you for blood-borne diseases. This way you will not have anxiety during your honeymoon.

Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful wedding day! Dr. McGovern

Reached SVR But Treatment Is Taking Toll
Am i cured of Hep C?