|Is Inactive Hepatitis B easily transmitted
May 29, 2005
I have hepatitis B but am not on any medication, does that mean it's dormant or inactive and since if it's inactive , is it transmissible through intercourse or oral sex or blood contact? Will my boyfriend get infected from me? We had unprotected sex during my menstruation.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You will need to ask your physician regarding the exact nature of your hepatitis B infection, whether it is transmissable; if so, your boyfriend needs to be immunized and you should use condoms until you have firm answers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hepatitis More Easily Transmitted Than Hiv?
- Can Hepatitis Be Transmitted By Air?
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.