Worried, please, please answer!!

I've had all 3 Hep B vaccinations and it came back fine, they said that I was immune. Before I had the vaccinations, there was a slight chance that I could have been exposed to the virus. If I had caught the virus before having the injections, would it have shown up on the anti bodies test results?

Am I worrying myself over nothing, or should I get tested?

Thanks so much!

I am not sure if your doctor is just checking for surface antibody or is he or she checking the whole hepatitis B panel (ie hepatitis B core antibody as well?).

If your doctor is only checking surface antibody, that will be positive if you are getting vaccine and also if you have been naturally infected.

If your doctor is checking hepatitis B core antibody, that will be negative if you have been getting vaccinated but will be positive if you have been infected.

It is always best to be honest with your physician so you can get the best medical care.

Dr. McGovern

So am I cured?
very very high SGOT and SGPT