hep b pos then neg?

Here the story, back in feb of 2004 show hep b surface ag pos. But no antibodies, no core sign, just errantic live function signs and hep b reactive...did about 3-4 test but not conclusion just stating an ongoing infection not resolve..also my liver function had return to normal range. Did not get "real" sick like yellowing but made me weak feeling. then later on got hiv infected(acute)..decide to go meds..using susativa and truvada...being on meds about4 months. I ask for an hep b update test. I got mine result last week. The result was confusing. all the test indicating I was not expose to hep b. There is no postive surface ag..no antibodies...they did bdna on hep b DNA..it is undecatable..so does this mean I am cure of the hep b? thank tom

Truvada has medications with Hepatitis B activity in it so you could have received effective antiviral therapy. However if this was the case, then your hepatitis B core antibody should be positive.

I would repeat the blood tests in about three months to see what may antibodies may evolve, but it is quite curious. I have seen patients with acute hepatitis B with just surface antigen positivity, but this evolves over time with the development of other antibodies, ie core antibody. The good news is that you certainly don't appear to have chronic hepatitis B!

Dr. McGovern

Pre-existing condition
I could not find the answer in these pages