May 29, 2005
Can infergen be given to someone with pre-existing heart condition? Also, if one does nothing about HCV, how long does it take for the progression to do noticeable damage to the liver in the presence of HIV?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You will need to discuss with your physician your "heart condition" to determine if you can have treatment or not. Heart condition is very general and I am unable to advise you further.
As for progression of HCV, it is faster in the background of HIV infection in general. However, the first important issue is to avoid alcohol. Also it is very helpful to get a baseline liver biopsy to determine if you need treatment or not. I have had patients with minimal disease.
hep b pos then neg?
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.