For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

i had my blood screening last week and wasnt qualified because i have HEPA B. The result is HBsAg=279.68 S/N (Abbott Axsym Lot #25162LU0d). Kindly explain it to me. Im so poor and cant afford expensive meds. Thank you so much.

This blood test tests me that you are infected with hepatitis B. However it does not tell me the activity of your disease. You could have inactive or active disease. It would be helpful to have more blood testing to know if you need treatment.

Unfortunately it seems that you have other issues about access to care. Perhaps you could find out if there is a free clinic access in your country for further care and counseling. Or perhaps the clinic where you had your blood drawn could do more testing to counsel you further.

Dr. McGovern

Why isn't there a consensus on normal AFP range.
Pre-existing condition