|can alchol cause hcv
May 28, 2005
Can alot of drinking alchol cause Hep C?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Alcohol does not cause hepatitis C which is contracted through exposure to contaminated blood.
However, alcohol can severely accelerate the disease associated with hepatitis C. This has been shown in almost every study which has examined the role of alcohol in liver disease progression.
I tell my patients that stopping alcohol is the first step of their treatment plan. Dr. McGovern
Do I need treatment?
Sub-optimal response with Adefovir.
- Hiv Test Non Reactive Means
- Can I Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Is Hiv Positive And Not Get Infected?
- Can Lyme Disease Interfere With Hiv Test?
- How Much Breast Milk Needed To Contract Hiv?
- Does Hiv 3 Months Window Mean 12 Week Or 13 Week?
- Number Of Physicians Contracting Hiv From Patients
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.