can alchol cause hcv
May 28, 2005
Can alot of drinking alchol cause Hep C?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Alcohol does not cause hepatitis C which is contracted through exposure to contaminated blood.
However, alcohol can severely accelerate the disease associated with hepatitis C. This has been shown in almost every study which has examined the role of alcohol in liver disease progression.
I tell my patients that stopping alcohol is the first step of their treatment plan. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
- Can You Get Rid Of Gunnera The Std?
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Take To Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.