question from hyderabad

My wife was tested positive for hep B in 6 months of pregnancy and we done the following tests: HBsAg: Reactive HBeAg: Non-Reactive Anti-HBe : Reactive LFT: Normal

My wife deliverd a male child in march and my child received HBIG (0.5 ml)vaccine within 2 hours and received engerix vaccine on next day and after one week (this was by mistake) and after one month. my question the second dose was received very early (within a week). Is this harmful to my baby? what will happen if the dose was not given in the correct time? please answer me? Can my child protective from hep B?

I think the chances of your baby being protected from hepatitis B are extremely high and suspect all will be well.

Congratulations and enjoy being a parent. This will not be the last time you will worry for nothing!

Dr. McGovern

HBV viral dna load almost exactly 1/2 of what it was six months ago
hep b help