Baraclude

Hi there:

Tell me how Baraclude is better or worse then older treatments for someone with hep b. I was never on treatment before for hep b but my doctor is recommending this drug.

Baraclude is the name for entecavir, a new drug that is has been FDA approved for the treatment of hepatitis B infection. It has been approved in hepatitis B e antigen positive and negative disease.

Entecavir is the most potent drug yet to come to market with very significant viral load declines.

It is not much more effective in terms of converting e antigen positive disease to e antigen negative disease.

It is well tolerated and has a good safety profile.

We will learn more about this drug as time goes on but the large clinical trials suggest it is very effective for the treatment of hepatitis B.

Dr. McGovern

HBV-DNA 306 -- Inactive Carrier?
HBV DNA