May 23, 2005
These are my lab results: 1st test:Hbsag positive 2nd test: bilirubin total :4.79 umol/l 0.28 mg/dl direct bilirubin: 2.05 umol/l 0.12 mg/dl SGOT : 20 U/L SGPT : 14 U/L Albumin : 46 g/l Hepatitis be Antegin : 0.37 S/CO Hepatitis be Antibodies : 0.135 S/CO Hepatitis b Virus-DNa PCR (Qualitative) : Positive
1.Will you please tell me what do this mean? 2.What about my wife if i don`t use condoms?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It means you have hepatitis B and it is serious and contagious. If your wife is not already immune either from vaccine or exposure then you must use condoms. You need to get her checked out ASAP! You need to see a specialist and get treated for your HBV. DTD
From Africa again, 3rd Attempt please answer this time
Hep C Cure?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.